Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 3 of Birth Week

I just showed the kids a box of empty turtle eggs. It was a reward for finishing all of their spaghetti. While they liked looking at it, they weren't particularly impressed by it as a reward for eating their supper. I think they were expecting chocolate or something sparkly.

This week I've been stressing out about school. Having signed up for SCAIHS (the second-option homeschool group in SC) I feel like the bogeyman has finally arrived and he wants to see my school records. Mark is putting together the reading portion of Rose's English I course. He's starting with the ancients. Usually freshmen start with "General Literature". But no, we need to have our 14 year-old read the Bhagavad Gita and the Analects of Confucius. I think I have a love/hate relationship with non-conformity. But Mark's English course is the one thing I'm not stressing about. It's everything else I have to do with her: Algebra; Writing; Vocabulary; Spelling (Rose is a terrible speller); Biology (yes, we have to dissect some things); Drama; Spanish; Logic; and Ancient History--and I think there are more.