Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ugh

We're back from Vegas and somewhat weary. I would be happy if I never went back there. I hope to see Rob again, and it would be fun to do another project like this, but Vegas is without a doubt, an drunken sex-playground. While we were there I remarked to Susan that I can't remember a time when I would have thought a place like this anything other than disgusting and creepy. I used to think that it was just a quaint saying: "What happens here stays here"--now I realize how naieve I was.

The jaunt to Mandalay Bay was horrible. I wish I had heeded the ozone warning. The sand was a thousand degrees and the pool water tasted like perspiration. There was no shade and to get a bottle of water required flagging down a cilicone hottie in the red bikini, paying her $15, and waiting 45 minutes for her to return. There were one or two other mothers with children there, but I could tell from their faces that they felt the same as I did about the situation. Margaret, as ever, was too busy swimming and playing to notice anything. Rose said she just felt 'ugly'.

But the time we spent making the film was, in retrospect if not in reality, a lot of fun. Rob said it'll take one or two months to edit. It was good seeing him, and it seemed as if no time had passed at all. But thank God I am back to my humble home.