Thursday, September 27, 2007

Out of Reach

It hasn't taken me long to realize how much I miss having Rose around. She's a rational and reasonable companion in a house of sometimes-petulant and dramatic children, not to mention a great help around the house. The prospect of 16 more days without her is making my head hurt.

When people ask how I'm going to handle her absence, my self-defensive instinct wants to say, "I suppose I'll have to put down my box of bon-bons, turn off my stories, and pick up a broom." But I usually pay for thinking such thoughts. Payback has already happened more than once, most notably, the incident which produced this angelic photo.

Liturgy was nice today. Dusan is supposed to be back this Sunday after a month's absence due to a sprained ankle. I know I'm not the only person who misses having him in church.