Monday, November 19, 2007

Having a Ball

Our homeschool group has a winter formal every year as a fund raiser for the yearbook. Last year was Rose's first year to attend. She had a good time, but the theme was Under the Sea so they played Disney's Little Mermaid music over and over all night long. This year the theme will be A Night in Paris.

Someone offered to teach ballroom dancing to the kids (and parents) for free. So last Monday and tonight Rose and I went ballroom dancing. We learned the waltz last week and the cha cha this week. We're going to learn something easy next Monday, and then spend the next several weeks on the shag.

I don't think I'll ever be able to use these steps since we go to church instead of dance clubs. But it's nice to know that I can do it. Prior to last week I danced like Napoleon Dynamite--I mean Deb.