Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Parable

Those who don't believe in the afterlife resemble two twins talking in the womb:

-Soon we'll be born into a new life...

-Brother, that's nonsense; it spells our death. Just imagine, they will take our only source of food by cutting the umbilical. What shall we do? Then there is no new life. How do you know about it? Nobody has come back here yet...

-Soon we will see our Mother...

-Believing in Mother is beyond nonsense. I can't see her now, so she doesn't exist at all. If you're so smart, tell me, where is she?

-I don't know how to explain it... But I feel her love in my heart and when everything quiets down at night, she gently strokes our world and softly sings. Everything is filled with her, and there is such a joy, as if we were abiding in her. Though I don't know much about life after birth, I believe it exists.

(I'm not sure where this "parable" originates, but I believe it is a translation of this song)