Thursday, July 12, 2007

Feast of Sts. Peter & Paul

Mark, Rose & I went to the SCAIHS office today to meet with our curriculum counselor. It wasn't as bad as I feared, and the counselor really just allowed us to tell her what we wanted to do. She offered advice, but only when we asked for it. Mark was wearing his cassock, so maybe that makes him look like he knows how to teach Honors World Literature. The kids & I had to miss church this morning because Ella caught the stomach bug that LMark had. It seems that it lasts one or two vomits and then it's over. Thank the Lord for that. Meggy will probably have it tomorrow, and then on down the line.

I started Brothers Karamozov last night, and had to pick it up around 2 AM because Max woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. It's not an enjoyable read when it's that early in the morning. I hate to read about children being abandoned by their profligate fathers, even if they are fictional. I did, however, have a revelation after beginning the book, that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due out in nine days. I wonder if I'll be past page 41 in BK before then.

The boys and I went into the woods this afternoon down by the hammock. The boys climbed trees while I lounged and put off the laundry for another afternoon. The weather is much cooler than one would expect it to be in mid-July. It's hot, but not unpleasantly so. After about 45 minutes we went back to the patio to get hosed off. The kids usually come in with chigger bites if we don't do something about them immediately. Meggy & Ella were all bitten up last week from being in the woods. I didn't hose off, but I wasn't climbing trees either.