Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Independence

Every mother pays the price of her child's increasing independence.

First the child is weaned. Then he walks. Then he runs. Then he learns to potty. Then he learns to potty and everything else. Sometimes a mama has to check up on the child and make sure he's doing everything
completely.

Sunday I took LMark to the potty at church. He went tinkle fine. Pulled up his pants fine. Oops forgot the underwear today.

Wait a minute, "I gah go poopers." So he goes.
He wanted me to turn off the light so he could have his "bivantsy," that is, his "privacy."

So I turn the light off and wait.

He finishes his business and I turn on the light.
I inform him he has to wash his hands.

"Me gah blush first."


"Ok, Mark, go ahead and flush."


"Ok-------------------
FIRE IN THE HOLE!! WHOOoooooooooooooOOOooooooooooooo!!! Ok Mama. All done." He was certainly pleased.

I was astonished, but happy I had something for the blog.

I can't believe I posted this.